View Single Post
Old
11-14-2012, 10:16 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Danglez View Post
I was just making 1st round projections... this has got to be one of the deepest drafts in a long time. Even if the habs draft out of the top 10, they are getting a pretty top prospect. say MacKinnon, Jones, Barkov, Monahan, Lindholm, Drouin, Ristolainen, Shinkaruk and Erne are taken in the top 10... the next top 10 has prospects like Mantha, Lazar, Gauthier, Rychiel, Domi, Duclair, Nichushkin, Nurse and Carrier. Ridiculous!!!

And as for where Galchenyuk would stand... I'd say he'd be out of the top 5 for sure. Monahan has just as many points as him on a crappier team while being a year younger and better defensively. Barkov and Linholm are already doing very well in their top tier leagues and would be ready for the big show as 18-19 year olds. MacKinnon and Jones that goes without saying
I don't think Carrier or Mantha go 11-20 based on what is known right now. Both look like really late 1st(26-30) or early 2nd's(31-40).

Monahan is also a late birthday 1994, so he is only a month older than some 2012 picks. Galchenyuk is also just getting going after a slow start after having missed most of last year. Last 7 games he is 8-9-17 and +10.