View Single Post
Old
11-14-2012, 09:32 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by seafoam View Post
Is he better utilized as a center or winger?
He generally takes the face offs in the defensive and neutral zones. Samuelsson generally takes the face offs in the offensive zone. My suspicion is that Coach Laxdal sees Lazar as more of a center than a winger (probably because he's a very smart, very responsible player), but wants to be able to utilize Lazar's amazing shot right off of the face off in the offensive zone. I don't really think it is an issue of face off prowess. Samuelsson probably won 80% of his draws in the last game I watched. Lazar wins more than he loses, too. The Oil Kings, especially that line, are just a really good face off team. People tend to forget that it isn't just the skill of the center that wins draws. It's the smarts, instincts, and will of the four other guys on the ice. I would guess Lazar gets more time at center than Samuelsson because he is the better skater but his superior shot gets him moved to wing in the offensive zone.

As far as where he projects at the NHL level, well that probably depends on the coach.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote