View Single Post
Old
11-14-2012, 10:41 AM
Blues88

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWOW View Post
I know that. But Leetch was the better playmaker/passer during his prime.

Leetch finished top-10 in the league in assists four times between 1991 and 1997. MacInnis only once in that span.

Between 1989 and 1997, Bourque was the best in the game. It's hard to argue against Leetch being the 2nd best in that span.

From 1998 onward MacInnis was clearly the better overall defenseman at both ends of the ice.

I'm not saying MacInnis was one-dimensional offensively. But you cant deny his shot (obviously a God-given talent) played a significant role in the points he produced over his career.
Wouldn't you expect professionals to utilize the strongest facets of their games for producing and winning?

I feel I could do the same, hence: "I'm not saying [Leetch] was one-dimensional offensively. But you cant deny his [skating] (obviously a God-given talent) played a significant role in the points he produced over his career." There were a ton of other facets to these player's games that helped them excel beyond many of their peers.

They had similar careers in terms of accomplishments but again, few have played their twilight years at a higher level than Mac. Leetch isn't a bad or wrong choice, but let's keep it fair.

Last edited by Blues88: 11-14-2012 at 10:48 AM.
Blues88 is offline   Reply With Quote