View Single Post
Old
11-14-2012, 09:56 AM
Blues88

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sparkle View Post
bull. Competition is just as tough but he has to play with third liners a lot more than Pietrangelo.

Shattenkirk is also straight up more effective despite the teammate handicap.

Shattenkirk was the Blues best D last season. That said I think Subban and Shattenkirk are very comparable. Not ready to tilt one way or the other.
Pietrangelo played the hardest minutes against the best competition, logged more PK time, PP time, and scored at a dizzying pace the last half of the season. Going purely by the numbers, it's not hard to see how playing #1 minutes and outscoring the guy playing #3 minutes would be considered "better". He was the best player on the team. We've seen what can happen when he doesn't play. Shattenkirk was thrown into the fire in the post season, but he was exposed (as was everyone else) by the Kings and couldn't cope with the type of responsibility Pietrangelo typically flourishes under.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowski View Post
Subban.

Similar offensively taking into account Subban's situation with the Habs last season, plus I think he has more upside, but that's really more of a feeling rather than an affirmation. Subban also has a clear edge defensively and in the physical department.
This is the most accurate thing I've read. Subban had 7 less points while playing big minutes for a (trainwreck of a) team that finished dead last in their conference last season. The physicality he brings is an added bonus.

Blues88 is offline   Reply With Quote