View Single Post
Old
11-14-2012, 10:58 AM
Riche16
McCready guitar god

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Screw both sides at this point. I can't read anymore. I find both sides are pretty easy to detest.

Both sides should read the "Coping with Life without the NHL ‎" thread and be worried. The fans aren't missing it to the extent both sides think. The fact is the NHL is now competing with various other entertainment options (Netflix, On-Demand programing, Online programing, the gaming consoles and all they can do). The NHL was a distant fourth in popularity as it was and this will only further hurt interest. The economy has resulted in people with less disposable income but at the same time more options on what to spend that money on.

It might be a situation where the NHL and NHLPA saying "Don't know what you got 'til it's gone" when they realize they're fighting over pieces of a smaller pie.
I honestly feel that losing the entire season isn't far off at this point... once that happens the problems you state above will grow immeasurably.

They can fight all they want about contracts, 50/50, make-whole, and worst of all... WHO PAYS FOR LOST GAMES. But they'll be fighting for a fraction of what it was last season.