View Single Post
Old
11-14-2012, 10:03 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to thadd
Everything!!

Let's speculate on the value of EVERYTHING based on the supply and demands of your team.
Don't name names. Name the quality of the player.

Examples:

1st-4th line left wingers, right wingers or centers.
Top 6 power forwards, snipers or playmakers.
Bottom 6 grinders, enforcers.

Whatever. Just don't name the names of the players you're aiming for. Just talk about what you think your team would be willing or able to cough up for a specific quality of a player. Feel free to name the names of what you're willing to cough up so that we can get a good feel for what your fan base feels the worth of your players and then *POOF* *WALAAA* We can vastly improve the quality of the proposals. (in the eyes of the fan bases of the teams involved) Rock on!!

[b]Suggestion:[/b} Don't bash people of other fan bases. Argue with your own and come out of this thread with a greater understanding of what people of other fan bases would be willing to accept as a reasonable proposal!

Have fun!

I'll start things off.

Being an Oil fan, here I go.

People can argue that Edmonton needs a top six power forward, a stud of a 1st pairing defenseman and a starting goalie.

With the starting goalie, I'm honestly happy with Dubynk, but with the media talking about how Edmonton was actually talking about Luongo before the trade deadline, I guess we need to accept the fact that Edmonton does have some interest.

With a power forward winger, Edmonton's little guys would get a hell of a lot more space out there. Some of us Oil fans can see Hartikainen getting tossed into that role like Thomas Holmstrom was with Detroit. Sine the jury is still out on Hartski I feel the power forward to Edmonton conversation should be in play.

The second line center for Edmonton has to pop up. Some think that this has to be Gagner's last chance, while others have given up on him.

And lastly for the d-man, Edmonton wasn't the 2nd worst team in the NHL last season for nothing.

Reliable starting goalie ---> Dubnyk, Gagner and Marincin/2nd rounder

Top-6 power forward winger ---->Hemsky or Gagner, a prospect not named Yakupov, Schultz or Klefbom and a conditinoal 1st rounder. If it's a top 3 pick then the pick moves onto the next year. The team gets the pick regardless of how poorly Edmonton does the 2nd time the draft pick comes around.

Good overall stud top pairing d-man ------>> One of the big four and Jeff Petry.

Have fun, be nice and hopefully this thread can last for a million pages!

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote