View Single Post
Old
11-14-2012, 10:17 AM
arsmaster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer79 View Post
Pitching was already a weak spot for the Blue Jays, and when the injury bug hit, they went from a slightly above .500 team with an outside wild card chance to a team that badly tanked during a 25+ game span and never recovered. This team has a couple of good sluggers in Jose Bautista and Enwin Encarbacion to build around, and now they also have a base-stealing potential all star shortstop. They also pick up two starters that will slot in at #2 and #3 in the rotation. Boston is in the tank, NY is old, Baltimore and Tampa can be caught. Now is the time to load up. This will push their payroll above $100M, so this will make or break AA.
Curious as to who you think is the 'Ace' of the staff....after last year it sure as heck is not Romero....Morrow has the best stuff, if he ever develop consistency he could be an all-star.

If I'm guessing now, Buerhle gets the opening day start.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycanuck View Post
Now the Jays need to find a 2nd baseman and they will have a very solid, complete roster.
I'd imagine Bonifacio and Izturis will alternate at 2B.

I think they really need a left handed power bat to really cement themselves as a contender...not holding my breath on Lind re-discovering his Silver Slugger form, but you never know.

arsmaster is offline   Reply With Quote