Thread: Value of: Everything!!
View Single Post
Old
11-14-2012, 10:17 AM
BonMorrison
Roman Josi is bae.

vCash: 500
I'm only going to do the NEEDS because I'm at work and can't do a full report, lol.

This is just my opinion, Leaf fans.

Toronto Maple Leafs

Needs:

A veteran starting goaltender. Reimer has the upside to be a starter - unfortunately, injuries and a sophomore slump has both damaged his play and his confidence. It was also no coincidence that his poor play coorelated with the loss of goalie J.S. Giguere in the offseason. In order for Reimer to reach his maximum upside and become a starter, a veteran starter should be brought in to carry a heavier workload while continuing to mentor Reimer. Vokuon was a great option until he went to Pittsburgh, Luongo is also a very debatable option.

A #1 defenseman. Not a huge need but it wouldn't hurt. Arguments are made all around for Phaneuf but a safe consensus would be that he's a great #2 defenseman. A #1 defenseman to play along side Phaneuf while not the Leafs biggest need because of strong defensive depth, it wouldn't hurt to have one to cover up for Phaneuf's mental lapses which can occur.

Either a #1 center or another great #2 center. I'm not on the boat that a #1C is a huge need for the Leafs. They're offensively great so I believe that instead of acquiring a proven #1C that having a center depth of two great #2C's would be ideal because of how strong the team is on the wing. Ideally this center would be defensively strong and can play in between our two top line wingers in Kessel/Lupul.

Another strong top six winger. Not a huge need at all but it would help with depth. I think Kulemin would be most effective in a third line shut down role which opens up a spot on the RW of the second line. Ideally, I would put Kadri there but if he doesn't pan out, another top six winger would be needed - especially with Connolly, Lombardi and MacArthur seemingly out the door.

BonMorrison is offline   Reply With Quote