View Single Post
Old
11-14-2012, 11:02 AM
Gord
Go Esks!

vCash: 1030
Quote:
Originally Posted by abootzky View Post
It's not inconceivable that a solid GM hire could go a long way towards putting an end to the so-called gong show. As ugly as things were this season, the team still managed to win 7 games. That fact, the team's unmatched training facility and the head coach's appealing (to players) personality could lessen the exodus you speak of.
I think the head coach's personalirty ISN'T appealing to players, and is part of the problem.
also, the facilities won't factor in as much if the organization is run like a joke, and if you can't trust the fact you'll be able to play instead of sitting on the sidelines because Reed is playing his favorites.
the 7-11 record is despite the GM and coach, not becauase anything tillman and reed did.

there are some excellent players on the team. they are just often used poorly.

JC sherritt is a good example. Reed kept him in a game to get a personal achievement to the detriment of the team.
Joeseph is another. playing his buddy, watchiung him fail, and leaving him in the game time after time. This despite the fact there is a more capable player in Nicholls whom the players were pumped to play alongside.

I don't buy Reed's condescending comment about Joseph getting played because Reed is paid to win. The esks might have done better than 2-8 if they indeed played nicholls instead and gave him the valuable playing time that would have paid off at the end of the year.
sorry dude, I think Reed is more of a negative to these players instead of a selling point. Using reed to sell the players on the team would be a big mistake. I just hope the esks get a decent GM and lets him get to work ASAP, be it Ed Hervey or whomever.