View Single Post
Old
11-14-2012, 12:04 PM
RaMMuT
Tank Nation 2012

vCash: 500
The UFC is stacking the PPV cards, and putting all the contenders and the new up and comers on the Fox and FX cards. I looked at what UFC 155 and UFC 156 will look like and they are stacked from top to bottom. Even the preliminaries are sick fights. I also find that the Fox cards are pretty stacked too, it's just the FX cards that are kinda weak, but that's mainly because of budget reasons.

The UFC right now is in expansion mode. They started with TUF Brazil, now TUF China, and next year they are thinking of doing TUF Canada. They want to turn the UFC into a mainstream sport. They want to have an event every week everywhere in the world and develop new talent from all over the world.

As a hardcore MMA fan, I can only say that it is a good thing, because the more fights we have, the better it is and the happier I am. I love watching MMA even if I am watching lower tier fighters. The free fight cards won't be as stacked but hey that's why they still have PPV's and that's where they put their biggest fights.

It is an entertainment business and the more cows Zuffa has the more milking it can make. That's why they're going to other markets and taking all these new risks. I just hope they don't try and expand too fast because it can possibly harm them in the future.

RaMMuT is offline   Reply With Quote