View Single Post
Old
11-14-2012, 11:16 AM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandysan View Post
If they are doing it right, why do they need RS dollars ? And as I said, I have no doubt that there are GREAT FANS in every market, the question is their number. If it gets below a certain point, the team is no longer sustainable in that market. That's not a knock on the passion you have for the game, its a simple question of economics.

I hope that Nashville makes a go of it, I really do. I would hope that all of the new markets could but the evidence so far says that its not likely to happen. I think if efforts can be made to stabilize the team then these efforts should be made, but if a teams existence is going to be forever dependent on RS from have markets, as much as it sucks that's a market that the nhl would benefit from leaving.

I still think the question is how long should we give the teams ? I also think that saying " they have had enough time already" is as irresponsible as saying " they need RS for another 30 or forty years". If RS dollars were tied to metrics of improving the stability of the team in their markets, this is money well spent. If it is simply a way for teams to spend low and become the royals of the nhl, then that's not as good.
Building a market isn't an overnight process.

Mayor Bee is offline   Reply With Quote