View Single Post
Old
11-14-2012, 01:18 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trentmccleary View Post
(Too much lol to keep as clutter)
1) I'm willing to sit down and read whatever you can put together in terms of a consistency argument for Forsberg. I can't wait to see just how "gigantic" the divide is between them in this regard.

2) How biased do you have to be to describe Fedorov as having 12 seasons where he was lost in obscurity? How about this as one of his final acts in the NHL:

Fedorov became the oldest player to score a game-winning goal in a Game 7 (39 years, 136 days). It was his third goal in a Game 7 and the 12th playoff game-winner of his career.

"He's our leader," said Ovechkin, who was on the ice for the winning goal. "He's our best guy in the locker room. He showed it. He's our best guy. He has more experience than anybody in this locker room. He knows how to play like that. He just shows his leadership."

"He's got quite a shot," said Capitals coach Bruce Boudreau. "When he has the chance to get that thing off he can shoot it, and he did tonight. Experience sometimes pays off and he knew what he had to and when to do it. That's what makes him one of the greatest players ever.
" (source)

3) "Trivial" that he "occasionally" played as a defenseman, as "many mediocre players have done in the past"? Hahaha, wow dude, hate harder (if you can). But wait, it "sounds" trivial to you? Well, having actually watched it, it was less than trivial, but I guess you'll just have to take my (and Devellano's, and Bowman's, and many others') word for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledGoat View Post
You know who Scotty Bowman actually did trust to pivot on a consistent basis between forward and defense? Mathieu Dandenault.
You know who Bowman probably wishes he was never forced to use on either forward or defense? Mathieu Dandenault.