View Single Post
Old
11-14-2012, 01:19 PM
Bocephus86

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Explorer View Post
How about this simple rule change?

No lying on the ice to block shots or intercept passes. Make the rule something like 1 skate has to be on the ice at all times while attempting to block shots or passes. Shot blocking is cool and all and is full of heart, but you could still do it while standing or kneeling (with 1 skate on the ice). 2 minute penalty for offense.

I think this rule change would generate a lot of offense and not be too drastic of a change.
I thought this was a good idea not sure why you are taking so much heat for it. This lock out is happening because some teams cannot make any money. You can argue all day that its the players fault for making too much money, the owners for giving out too much money, some owners for not sharing, the nhl for over-expanding, whatever. Why doesn't matter because it is happening. The NHL needs the casual fan and the casual fan doesn't appreciate the game like people on here do so to think of ways to increase offensive output is something that should at least warrant true discussion instead of outright dismissal. I mean people saying they should make the net bigger get less scorn! Discussing a way to limit the 6 goalie 2 minute drill is legit, its not like you suggested an outright ban on blocking shots or passes.

Now that I think about how often do we even see full on ice-swimming to block shots? The guys that are really good at it are usually down on one knee, stick on the ice, one hand out facing the shooter. He didn't propose banning that.

Bocephus86 is offline   Reply With Quote