View Single Post
Old
11-14-2012, 12:20 PM
Martini*
Gods Team

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFS FAN 4 EVER View Post
Just because Keith Law says Josh Jonhson won't not re-sign with Toronto since he is a free agent in 2013 is a dumb thing to say. It might be a fact about his contract status, however what proof does he have that it will become true?
You have to ask Keith Law that one. I dont see JJ staying myself, but thats on account of some team will offer him huge money even tho I dont think personally an injury prone pitcher such as JJ is worth it.
Quote:
The example you used about the Dodgers making a similar trade there is one thing you forgot. Their major trade was done during the season and they couldn't make up the games they were behind the Giants. At least the Blue Jays have all season to contend since they are starting from scratch.
In referencing the Dodgers trade, I was saying one huge trade doesnt make a pretender a sudden contender. The Jays, right now, are still in pretender mode. And maybe with a couple more moves they can solidify their team into actually belonging in the east instead of at the bottom of the division when every team in that division will be better by the time spring training starts. Right now, if the season started today, I would predict that the Jays come in last place in the east only because the other teams are still a bit better, and that includes a Red Sox team that self destructed last year. Thats a huge division with proven winners in the Yankees and Rays. Its a good start, at least for the Jays.
Quote:
The Blue Jays still have a great minor league system and I the loss of some of those prospects won't change it.
It sure does. Three top ten players suddenly gone changes the entire landscape of their minor league system.
Quote:
I bet if this was the New York Yankees who made this exact same trade people would be willing to say what a great move for them since they are always contenders. However when people see the Toronto Blue Jays make this move some want to use an excuse that it won't work out for them because of the city they play in. Last night on ESPN from what I saw John Kruk basically talked about what the Marlins gave up. Now maybe they did a segment on what the Blue Jays got, however I didn't see one. So I think there is some Toronto bias from others because a Canadian team made this deal.
There is no conspiracy. The Jays took a gamble. Thats it. It remains to be seen how it will work out.

Martini* is offline   Reply With Quote