View Single Post
Old
11-14-2012, 01:43 PM
Synergy27

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Uh, OK. If they lose this season (and right now, that's hardly improbable) they are in uncharted waters. Losing two seasons in ten year span? That will have repercussions. I know plenty of people (some on this board) who have not been to a game since the last lockout.

Real fans watch hockey. Not all real fans feel the need to give their money to greedy owners and players by buying tickets, merchandise and concessions.
I completely agree with everything you've said in this thread. I'm a die hard fan as well, love this team with all my heart, but I was basically done after the last lockout. Since the last one, I went from a poor college kid scrounging money in an effort to pay for my coveted half season plan to a working professional that can easily afford a full season plan, and guess what, MSG hasn't and will not get my money anymore.

The worst part about all of this is that bringing the business aspect of the sport to the forefront kills the "magic". It forces fans to grow up. How do you root for something so passionately, and while doing so hand over a bunch of your hard earned money, when it is crystal clear that you care more than the people on the ice and in the front office? And once that becomes crystal clear, how do you continue to care?

I'll keep watching. It's in my blood and beyond my ability to rationalize. But I will not spend money, and unfortunately I will not enjoy any future success nearly as much as I have past success. The damage has been done to me for awhile now and I can't imagine that more people will not feel this way after this debacle is over.