Old
11-14-2012, 12:55 PM
Fugu
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawah View Post
This alone shows the article is a near sham.

Granted I've not been the happiest with the job Bettman has done, but he has done a far better job than those before him. He now has a national TV contract, players salaries have grown through the roof.
No, the salaries went through the roof prior to the last lockout, hence the 'need' for that one. This time, maybe they reached the ceiling.

Quote:
The growth he has orchestrated has been greater than baseball and basketball. Hockey is more popular in the States, and watched by more people than ever.
Do tell. What metric are you using exactly? Phoenix is in bankruptcy, Atlanta was relocated to a small city in Canada. More fans? More TV eyeballs? More $$?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
Why not just make one anti-Bettman thread, and post all the articles you find in that single thread?
I don't like catch-all threads. No one forces anyone to read any thread, or furthermore, to respond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanklite View Post
Yes, the game of hockey has grown invisible. Nevermind the increased revenue and highest SCF ratings since the 1970s....
Yet a lockout is needed after the amazing revenue growth. That's being beaten to death, but to the bold section. The NHL has managed to get back to where it was in the 1970s? What happened in the 1990's and the early 2000's then? Or last year? I don't know that the SCF ratings trends really help your argument, but I do think one thing last year's ratings indicate is that the teams in the SCF finals have more to do with ratings than the popularity of hockey in a national sense. Hockey fans are tribal (fans of teams vs a the sport)-- and that's the NHL's description.

Fugu is online now   Reply With Quote