View Single Post
Old
11-14-2012, 01:57 PM
vadim sharifijanov
Rrbata

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by God Made Me View Post
Here's a link to an article about the relationship between a player getting into the HHoF and him winning the Stanley Cup. http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...7348--nhl.html
ugh, greg wyshynski is as ignorant and lazy as they come.

Quote:
All of this tracks back to that second point, which is that the Hockey Hall of Fame Selection Committee isn't going to penalize players for skating with crap-tastic teams. Which is why Mike Gartner is a Hall of Famer.
mike gartner didn't play for crap-tastic teams. he played on teams that made the playoffs and then underachieved for the vast majority of his career. he played with a guy who placed in the top five in hart voting four times in his career. he was a guy who never led his teams anywhere, and in his first three stops (), his team got much much better in the playoffs soon after he left (washington finally getting out of their division in '90; the north stars getting to the cup finals in '91; the rangers winning the cup in '94). none of his former "crap-tastic teams" ever said, "gee, i wish we still had mike gartner."

and then this:

Quote:
Sure, you can't hold Mats Sundin accountable for a supernatural hex upon the Toronto Maple Leafs, but you can also delay his entrance to the Hall in favor of a player that did drink from the Chalice looking at you, Dave Andreychuk.
i mean, i don't even...

vadim sharifijanov is offline   Reply With Quote