View Single Post
Old
11-14-2012, 02:04 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Who's next?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallatin View Post
Rowdy few if any offensive defenseman are as mean and physical as Letang. I think what people who have watched Pouliot play this year are saying is that he does have a physical game, one that is developing and that he is nothing like the timid-leaning-toward-soft GoGo, other than the slick passing and skating that is.
Gallatin, I have watched Pouliot play this year - even made a point of going to see him live, in fact.

Here's what I wrote about him afterwards:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy Roddy Peeper View Post
Went to see Pouliot live in Brandon last night, and came away impressed. He was the best player on either side, IMO.

He's a fast, fluid skater, and his lateral mobility makes him hard to track down. Great rushing or passing the puck up-ice as he has a knack for finding seams, and while he doesn't have an imposing shot, he has a very accurate one. Strikes me as having a ton of composure and smarts at both ends, and really dictated the pace of the game.

Only thing is I wish he had a little more bite to his game. He doesn't seem to have that innate Letang/Morrow type fire.
I mean, I went out of my way to mention it before it even became a talking point here. He's not soft, and it's nothing that would hold him back considering all the other things he does well...he just didn't strike me as being a physical player by any means.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG View Post
The thing that upsets me about Letang's physical game is that he is more chippy, and he'll play that way consistently, but he won't always punish guys. Letang can really lay the boom if he wants to. I'd like to see him do that more often.

Then again, you don't want your #1 taking that beating consistently.

I just think Letang can be much more imposing, and more punishing.
At least he's judicious with it, unlike some of our hit-chasers.