If there is no 2012-2013 season, have we seen the last of Timonen as a Flyer?
View Single Post
11-14-2012, 01:15 PM
Join Date: Nov 2006
Originally Posted by
Is there an English translation of that article?
Does he say he definitely plans on playing after this contract... or is it just something gathered from what the article says?
I'll do the best I can
Kimmo Timonen: Children first, then KalPa
Kuopio-native Philadelphia Flyer Kimmo Timonen will play in KalPa if the NHL CBA negotiations aren't solved and the season is cancelled. Arriving to Kuopio won't be possible until February, because Timonen isn't willing to be apart from his school-aged children for four-five months.
- It's going to be February, until I'm with KalPa, says Timonen.
At this moment the negotiations are still on-going, with games being cancelled through November.
At times Kimmo's been close to losing his mind following the debacle. There is, however, a brighter side to the story; now there's time for family.
- We just had a vacation in Miami. It's never been possible this time of the year.
Will the last years go by waiting?
K T is a an experienced player, with not that many years ahead of him.
- I wouldn't want to miss these three years I have left waiting, Timonen says.
With waiting, there's also training. He's been on the ice three times a week, and doing other excercises two times a week, including spinning
According to the hockey-veteran, his back that he had a surgery during summer is in pretty good shape
- Back is quite good, with small symptoms here and there. It has some years on it, so it probably never will be what it used to be. Nature of the business, can't do anything about it.
KalPa doing well
During the break K T has had time to follow his hometown team, Kalpa in SM-Liiga. Timonen has followed the games through the internet.
- They've played well, Timonen says.
Returning to KalPa is in his mind daily. On the other hand Timonen understands the negotiation process – business has to be secured* and the big fish do the negotiating, that he understands. But the situation makes him think.
- I'm hopeful, says Kimmo Timonen.
* Tricky part, might come off cumbersome
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by Qurpiz