View Single Post
Old
11-14-2012, 02:21 PM
sparxx87

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini View Post
I know all about Loria and have stated in this thread he is trash. But, I also see that he tried to spend money and Florida as a whole didnt bother. He did what he had to do, thats it. You cant fault a guy for looking at his bottom line.

Reyes is also getting paid a ton of money and has never played a full season in his entire MLB career, coming close to 162 three times in a decade. Did I mention he is getting paid a huge sum of money? His defense is already on the decline and it wasnt that impressive even before then while the two SS's who were dealt are that much better up the middle then Reyes. Can Reyes hit? Sure, he can also steal bases, not at the clip he used to, but still can. Thats it. He will be giving up runs with his defense while still producing runs with his offense. You get what you pay for.

Escobar will be a great trade chip, how can you not say he wont?

That is all I have been providing.
I'm not sure where you get the idea that he's great defensively?

He's got a rocket arm, yeah, no question.. But he has very limited range, doesn't move very well, makes lots of bonehead mistakes... He's an incredibly streaky hitter who isn't even very good on a hot streak, and above all, he's a cancer.. ATL fans couldn't have been happier to get rid of him, and Jays fans feel the same..

Now you tell me, whose going to give up value for that? Yea, you could get soemthing for him, but a 'great trade chip'? Get real.

sparxx87 is offline   Reply With Quote