View Single Post
Old
11-14-2012, 02:56 PM
JetsAlternate

vCash: 500
Radulov has the talent, but he does not use it properly. In his first stint with the Predators, he was a sniper. When he returned, he opted to pass every time he had a clear shooting lane. His decisions were puzzling at times, considering he knows how to put the puck in the net and has some very nifty puck-handling skills.

I was fairly supportive of his return to the NHL, and he did produce at a respectable rate, but he threw away many terrific scoring chances as well. He was the Predators' best forward throughout the regular season last year, but became less noticeable in the playoffs. His off-ice antics and his apparently goon-ish/hooligan-ish/punk-like personality made him a liability. He comes across as a thug.

He has an elite skill-set but unfortunately wastes it with his spiteful approach to the game. Personality issues get in the way of a player who could have succeeded in the NHL. I outlined my expectations for him prior to his debut last year. Unfortunately, he threw a wrench in my observations by returning a very different player.

Is he capable of "being good?" Yes. Will he be? Probably not.

Last edited by JetsAlternate: 11-14-2012 at 03:12 PM.
JetsAlternate is offline   Reply With Quote