View Single Post
Old
11-14-2012, 02:57 PM
Pantherfan12

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
No, they have a lot in common. Both were underpaid compared to performance and coming off top years in an almost always weak free agent market. They're also Canadian boys with rumors that they'd like to go back to their hometown.

This is a typical public relations move by a player headed towards free agency. Assuming the season starts, he'll be willing to risk injury instead of signing an extension mid season which could hurt his chances at a big pay day if he were to get injured. It's funny, because he mentioned about not playing overseas because of this but he'll wait it out as a Panther.

Nobody cares what your thoughts are on a conversation with Weiss and his mother, god knows when. You're one of the hundreds of fans he puts on a good face to. Weiss is a consummate professional who has never once complained and has played here for a very long time on a losing team. You think he's going to tell some random Panther fan his career aspirations? LOL. If you think he's going to wait for the season to be over so there are no "contract distractions", especially with a shortened season, then you are naive. We've seen this story play out all too often on this team and around the league.

The guy will get paid big time. He's the perfect #2 center. He can even slot in as a 1b guy. Burke will overpay significantly for him. Money talks.
Garrison wasn't underpaid. He had one extremely good season, not that he was a bad player because he wasn't, but I don't think he was worth the money he got in Van. I've also never heard any rumors of Weiss wanting to go home. Weiss could've also said one thing, but *if/when* the CBA is agreed and we have hockey,he could very well sign a contract regardless. I think people are too quick to hit the panic button with our team. I know what the past was like,and how our players left the team, but I just don't see Weiss following in Bouwmeester's footsteps. Other than wanting to "go home" why else would Weiss want to go to TO? When did they become the next runners up for the Cup? He has a better chance of success here in Fla, then in TO. (using TO because that team was mentioned) I just don't see Weiss jumping ship. I can't see him going through all the bad years and being loyal,to turn around when we finally have a competitive team and leaving.

Pantherfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote