Originally Posted by capitalsrock View Post
I'm just wondering if anyone can tell me if the value is here

Edm:

Nail Yakupov

Wsh:

Marcus Johansson
Dmitry Orlov
1st

Reason:Caps get top 6 winger could influence kuznetsov to come to NHL. Sure, we give up assets but it's worth it if we can sign ribeiro as 2C and possibly fill that D hole somehow. The pick is going to be a late rounder probably if a lottery happens so no big loss there. Edmonton get 2C could move gagner down and get good D prospect and an upgrade from some of their other D prospects. 1st round just adds value to make it more fair for edmonton giving away their first overall pick, even though i don't think he would fit into their lineup.
This trade makes no sense for Wash. How is getting a player who plays the same position going to help us convince Kuz to come over? Kuznetsov is not a center. He might have played center in juniors, but he's been a RW all his professional career. His style is way more suited for the wing. You also seem to forget that we have Forsberg who is yet another RW. You'll end up with Kuz, Yakupov and Forsberg competing for 2 top 6 RW spots, while there is nobody to play 2C and no one to replace Orlov.

Brave Sir Robin is offline   Reply With Quote