View Single Post
Old
11-14-2012, 02:14 PM
RandyHolt
Kuz My Arse Beach

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCupFantasy View Post
Can you really blame Shanny for all of the RBs getting hurt?
Torches and pitch forks after a loss and bye week... yep

Lets see, this summer....

THT was never at full strength and Shanny knew all along.

Helu had a double Achilles. Have you ever heard of such a thing, let alone anyone heal from it? Even internet doctors generally know Achilles = year off.

I am fairly sure even Royster was injured much of camp and didn't play until the 4th preseason game. And got injured in game 4, as I remember, because I drafted him in fantasy. He got concussed last year and then injured additionally IIRC, maybe late in the year. Not sure, but he sure seems injury prone to me. Hardly a proven blocker to be a 3rd down back.

Morris was showing well but was a rookie. No one expected him to carry the load alone, but sure enough, he is. http://www.nfl.com/teams/statistics?team=WAS

Our backup RB only has 12 carries

Having seen so many RB's dominate in preseason over the years, and the fact that Shanahan's ZBS makes it easy for backs to run in it, yes I think there was a healthy RB somewhere in the world to be had. He clearly didn't think it was an issue.

The RB's didnt get hurt, they were hurt. When Morris get nicked up last game, it became clear we cannot pass with Morris out of the game.