View Single Post
Old
11-14-2012, 02:32 PM
BlackNgold 84

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
The owners made concessions just as the players did during the last lockout that have led us to this point. The main one being a cap tied to league revenues. Had they of gotten what they really wanted, a hard cap, we likely wouldn't be having this discussion right now. We'd also likely have missed out on a lot more hockey then we actually did as the players would have taken much longer to concede then they did. Sadly though, players like Sid Crosby would have had to settle for 7million per year instead of 10mill per. Heinous, I know.

The owners aren't "crying poor mouth" (I've never actually heard that term before so I assume meaning whining about not making enough money?). 18 teams lost money last year and not just southern market teams. Teams like Pittsburgh, NY Islanders, Buffalo, Jersey, Washington are bleeding money and other teams such as our very own Boston Bruins were awfully close to losing money (in fact likely did after you figure in other financial factors). This isn't a Southern Market problem, this is an NHL problem.

Teams can't find owners willing to spend 150+ mill on a team just so they can have the right to bleed millions of dollars in cash a season. Player costs are the reason that's happening.

If you don't believe me, believe Forbes:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeozan...ess-of-hockey/

And are NHL players not also Millionaires? Rich is rich and who's more of it has little bearing on what needs to happen during this lockout.
I could go into a rant about forbes as well but i won't. I'm just gonna say agree to disagree. I much rather be arguing over claude's use of the 4th line or why doesn't seguin get more minutes on the power play.. i'm starting to get even more bored and sour with this whole thing. We're the ones losing out in the end.