View Single Post
Old
11-14-2012, 02:38 PM
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend23 View Post
I agree with everything you said and I like you will be back watching hockey the minute the puck is dropped. As far as choking off revenue streams I think you are more likely to see that in merchandise sales and not attendance (at least in the major cities). Even with the chance the economy could go back into a recession I would bet that no matter how many current fans refuse to pay to go to games the Rangers will be sold old every game and will have folks waiting for the tickets. If this was 7 years ago when they stunk then maybe you would have a case. But anyone who doesn't think the Rangers will be sold out indefinitely in my opinion is misinformed. 99% of hockey fans will not be complaining about this a month after the season begins (if that ever happens) and will be fully engaged.
The things you have to take into account are, the different economic climate, the increase in viewership of other sports (soccer, NASCAR, etc) and the fact that this is the 2nd time in 8 years.

If they blow up the whole season i think the NHL will be in real trouble. Revenue could evaporate to 1/2 OR 1/3 of what it was.