View Single Post
Old
11-14-2012, 03:00 PM
kman22

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRull86 View Post
And the Jays gave up the equivelent of something like Iglesias, Ciriaco, Doubront according to Mazz today. Just because they asked for all top tier prospects and a nice young pitcher, doesn't mean they'll get anything remotely close to that.

That being said, I still wouldn't do that trade. They cleared all that salary to start fresh, getting all that back just like that would be stupid.
I think they gave up more than that, but not Middlebrooks + Bogaerts more. Entering the season Bogaerts was ranked #58 in BA's top 100 prospects, where as Marisnick was ranked #67.

I will say that I thought the Marlins did a lot better when Arencibia and Gose were mentioned as part of the deal, but neither were part of the final version of the deal. Toronto managed to keep a lot of key prospects including D'Arnaud, who would have stepped in for Arencibia and may have been more productive offensively. Knowing that they have the surplus of C's, I could see them continuing to shop Arencibia to try to round out their roster, which could be what puts them over the top.

The deal definitely makes the Blue Jays more interesting for the time being, no question about that.