View Single Post
Old
05-21-2006, 09:46 PM
Mike8

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuuuuu
Hrm, tough to tell who I'm pulling for eh?

<----------- !

GO DUCKS GO! Great young team, great stars in Niedermayer and Selanne, good young-ish stars in McDonald and Lupul, 2 very capable goaltenders... What's not to like? (well I guess the fact that Selanne wants to play there and as such won't be a Hab, but aside from that...)
I'm not sure if this is something not to like so much as something I've found comical about Anaheim, which is that as admirable a characteristic of the Ducks' game that their tenacity and constant forechecking/hitting style is, it's comical how the majority of their hits seem so ineffective. I've seen countless number of times where Vishnevski, Salei or whoever on the Ducks D steps up at the blueline and just gets the worst of their attempted hit.

Similarly on the forecheck, watching a guy like Marchant, Friesen, Pahlsson, Rob Niedermayer or MacDonald hitting big guys like Smith, Pronger, et al ... it's largely ineffective. They're just bouncing off their targets.

So as fun as Anaheim is in their tenacity and speed, I have a hard time taking them too seriously on the whole since they're about as physically intimidating as their namesake.

Mike8 is offline   Reply With Quote