View Single Post
Old
11-14-2012, 03:03 PM
HeliDevil
Legendary

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
He might take roster space from a player who is actually useful. That's my main objection to it.

And on nights he plays, even if he isn't an outright liability on the ice (which does happen from time to time), he might still cause his teammates to have to pick up extra burdens because he isn't as capable.
We had those types of guys on the team last year, and it didn't hurt us badly. While it is frustrating to watch them from time to time, I think those types of players are vital to long-term success. Barch is and upgrade over Janssen in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
Man I really miss Poni. It sucks we'll never really know if he was not re signed to make an example out of him cause of the TMZ BS, or if he was just a casualty of the Zach Parise sweepstakes. Would have been our only casualty. Perhaps not enough interest like there wasn't to sign Sykora over the Summer? Moose, Bryce, and Marty all fielded offers on July 1st, but wanted to stay enough that they waited for Lou to make his final offer to Parise. I don't fault Poni at all though.

I fear this July 1st. Lou cannot let Patty go to UFA unless he really wants to. I can say I'm confident he wants to stay, but none of this ''Wait behind Clarkie, Trav'' crap like last year.
I agree with you on Ponikarovsky, I really wanted him back, and I think he was the perfect type of player to fill our depth. But if we do have a season, and as long as were in a position to make the playoffs, I don't doubt that Lou would make a deal for a player of type to bolster our depth at the trade deadline.

HeliDevil is offline   Reply With Quote