View Single Post
Old
11-14-2012, 04:05 PM
True Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riche16 View Post
The things you have to take into account are, the different economic climate, the increase in viewership of other sports (soccer, NASCAR, etc) and the fact that this is the 2nd time in 8 years.

If they blow up the whole season i think the NHL will be in real trouble. Revenue could evaporate to 1/2 OR 1/3 of what it was.
I think that you are right. People are just discounting what loosing 2 out of years means. There is real rancor amongst the fans now, that is so much more than last time. And the thing to keep in mind, and I keep banging away at this, if the season blows up, then there is almost no way that the next season starts on time. There is nothing in it for the Fehr. The owners, otoh, have yet to face a season without a single season ticket sold.

Betting Nashville is loving that bonus that they paid Webber with no revenue to offset it.

Loosing 2 our of 8 years is uncharted territory. I think that to simply say that all games will be sold out and all fans will return is rather short sighted. And that does not even take into account of what happens if and when this drags into the 2013-2014 season.