View Single Post
Old
11-14-2012, 03:09 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliDevil View Post
We had those types of guys on the team last year, and it didn't hurt us badly. While it is frustrating to watch them from time to time, I think those types of players are vital to long-term success. Barch is and upgrade over Janssen in my opinion.

I agree with you on Ponikarovsky, I really wanted him back, and I think he was the perfect type of player to fill our depth. But if we do have a season, and as long as were in a position to make the playoffs, I don't doubt that Lou would make a deal for a player of type to bolster our depth at the trade deadline.
I really was happy when I heard we got Poni. When we made other trades like for random rental D men I was more puzzled than anything. Like Klee, Skoula, Havelid.

As far as goons go since we need scoring I think it's better to not play them as much this year. If CBGB can be anywhere near as good as they were last playoffs, even half as good it's an upgrade. The only time our 4th line scored all season was when Josefson was on it. And a 2 on 1 with Bernier, and Carter when Josefson was on that line. The rest were broken line changes.

The goons usually would give up a goal. Eric Boulton, and Janssen were the worst defensive players we've had in years. Maybe ever, only the guys as bad(Foster) had some scoring potential. Even worse than Peters. Whenever one of them was playing something dumb would usually happen. Continuous icings, being on the ice for the first goal against of the game regularly, causing breakaways, and sometimes taking dumb penalties which we saw a few times late in the season with Boulton.

Bleedred is offline   Reply With Quote