View Single Post
Old
11-14-2012, 03:13 PM
Ryker

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
It would not be German law for a number of legal and logistical reasons. If the Eisbaren were suing and not Giroux, it would still not be German law.
What makes you think that? I'm not saying I'm right, but I do have a degree in law in a system based heavily on the German one. And while it's been a few year since I've last been in contact with private international law (I've since switched careers, heh), the rules would have the parties use the law in place of where the "tort" or however you'd translate that into English occurred (which is Germany in this instance, because that's where the T-shirts would be pressed). Anyway, it doesn't matter, but just wanted to follow up on this, so that I'm not just taking a stab at something and then backing off.

edit: Oh, and that law degree thing wasn't me trying to impress you or anyone else, it was just to let you know that I do have some background here, and that I'm not just talking out of my ass. But again, I'm just giving you what I think would most likely be the case here, I'm not saying I'm absolutely right.

Ryker is offline   Reply With Quote