View Single Post
Old
11-14-2012, 03:28 PM
Tormentor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiLe View Post
The thing is, I'm not giving my assessment based on what I've seen from him playing for HPK, but for the tournament in Sundsvall. He gave a good showing, there's no other way of saying it.
Vainio had his moments, Im not denying it, and I prefer him over Parkkonen and Auvinen.

Quote:
In the end though, I don't think Vainio should be a lock for the final puck-moving D behind Mtt, Ristolainen and Pokka (though he could also make it in an utility role), there are several other good options. But I do think he deserves a little more credit than what you're currently giving him. No need to rip it out of Lindell's checkbook either.
Ive seen Vainio play several times during the last year and a half, and I think hes a decent all-around D. Thinking purely from a puck-moving perspective, guys like Tikkinen and Lindell have more to offer IMO. They are also better on power play.

Quote:
And Valkonen... if he's been that good, I wonder why he skated with the challenger squad instead of the main one. Not questioning your assessment, just wondering. Would have been far easier to rate his prowess, both for us armchair coaches and Rindell alike, I reckon. Having some depth this year could be one explanation, but I still don't think we're that well set on able-bodied DD as we are on OD.
All Im going to say is that it was a surprise that Auvinen made the team in front of Valkonen. For me Valkonen is a relatively reliable shut-down D, whereas Auvinen is less so.

Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote