View Single Post
Old
11-14-2012, 03:31 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Not at all. Kessel is a sniper, Jo is a playmaker.
Drouin is as much of a "playmaker" as Kessel was in college, lol. But besides having heard/read other people making such statements, why is it that you think Drouin is a "playmaker" and not a "sniper"? Drouin might have the talent to be better/more proficient than Kessel in the passing department if he has to focus primarily on that at the next level, but it won't be the best application of his skills, imo. If he's dishing more pucks to other people, instead of the other way around, there better be a very deserving trigger man on the other end, that's all I'll say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplehawk View Post
Not really. I was in no way, shape or form comparing Drouin to Kessel as a player, just their situations.
Their situations, and the skills that set them apart from their peers, are incredibly similar, actually. Approach to the defensive/neutral zone, also similar. The aspects of his game that will attract scouts on draft day, also similar. Size and skating, also similar (better edge work goes to Drouin though, imo, and a bit less choppy starts, I suppose). I'm tempted to say that there are more similarities than differences between them, that's for sure.