View Single Post
Old
11-14-2012, 04:36 PM
hockeylegend11

vCash: 500
Several people on this board have stated that the spits may be wasting their time going for it next yr and should do a rebuild now to prepare for 2016/17
I will try after some exhaustive research some of those notions and instead I say stay the course
While this will be quite lengthy,informative I hope,it is my belief once fully read and understood most will agree with a good number of the facts presented
In my view 4 of the 10 Western Conf teams have a legitimate chance next yr to win and possibly the right to host the mem cup
The other 6 do not have much of a chance
I will deal with the contenders 1st
1- Guelph Storm- they built for next year especially upfront with Garlent,Dickenson,Kosmachuk,McGinn,Auger,Fabbri,Be rtuzzi,Milne,backend led by Matt Finn and Leslie,with Bauman,Harpur and Locke returning
In Goal a real question mark Garrett Sparks may be graduated by the Leafs,would not surprise me leaving a major hole
Players leaving are Mchaughton,Beukeboom,probably Pedan and Tanner Richard,
Possible O/as include Zac Mitchell,Horvat,Waitling,Poliziani and most importantly Sparks
2-London Knights- return most of their players except Ferry,Hughes,Baille,along with Scott Harrington and probably Seth Griffith
Big holes to fill on the backend,Patterson and an untested Herbst to handle the goaltending
Possible O/as- Raine,Broadhurst
will need another as Restoule would be dropped
3-Windsor Spitfires- 19 out of the 22 man roster is able to return with 1 93 born goalie J.Pavelka,so 2 more O/A s need to be added,players leaving would be Posa,Schoenmakers, and E.Clark
The Spits will have to make full use of the Euro draft they do have 2 1st rd picks,beat the bushes for a free agent or 2, and make every effort to sign Nick Schmaltz,Evan Allen and Adam Baughman,they will 1 or up to 3 gold pks to dangle probably 2,with no 1st rder because of sanctions they wont have to worry about an automatic gold pkg,thus some flexibility there
Things could fall into place here so have to hope management is with it
4-Owen Sd- The Attack will likely lose J.Binnington,and D Catenacci to grad as well as N.Chairlitti,D.Zweep,and Kevin Cutting,possibly Brace as well meaning 2 of their 4 forwards could be gone,the uncertainty of J Maidens is a concern,despite a solid defence,offence and goaltending may be a concern here dont think they have enough
Possible O/As are K.Hope,Rose and Gabriel
As u all might see all 4 teams have interesting pieces of the puzzle to contend,but at the same time have major holes to fill
With London its defence,replace the scoring of Griffith and making sure of a suitable back up for Patterson,add a O/a that can do something
Guelph has to worry about a starting goalie,bump up the defence with the loss of Pedan and Beubeboom,replace the pts by Richard, and hope Zac Mitchell returns as an O/A
Windsor I believe is set in goal,will need at least 1-2 D men,an O/A here,more offence upfront,an o/a sign Schmaltz/Allen, a productive Euro,improve the overall balance of the forward corps
Owen Sd should they get Binnington,Cameron Brace as O/As,return of health for Maidens,somehow convince Gavrus to come over, tweak the lineup upfront,have a shot,without Binnington and Brace would be the weakest of the 4
In my view Plymouth has to go for it this year,I hear they are interested in Trochek,so is Kitchener,as they stand to lose Noesen,Rackell,Wilson,maybe,Aleardi,Mahalak,Levi Macdonald,Whaley and Karlsson,with Meurs,Croombeen and Malysa the expected overagers
Kitchener as well stands to lose Puempel,Reider,Murphy,Gibson and maybe Faksa,along with their O/as Czinder and Alberga no loss there lol
SSM will lose Cousins,Miller,Sproul,
Schumacher,Alderson,Buonomo,and maybe Broll
Saginaw a young team will lose Ross,Trocheck,Archibald,Shaw,and Sutch,while Eric Locke whom Windsor tried to reaquire this year.along with Young and Strong expected to be the O/As
Sarnia will be gutted too losing Sarault,Galchenyuk,Murphy,Hottot,Anderson,maybe Basso,with Latta Duininck and hopefuuly Basso as their O/as
Erie while young and talented too many holes to fill ,they need 3 or 4 forwards,2-3 def and coaching
A young team on the rise,that only loses Labardo to grad,with DFox,S.Abraham and Jimmy Mcdowell around as their O/As
They need new coaching to take the next step
Well thats a look at next yr as projects to next yr
I really think Windsor belongs in the top 3 re next yr based on projection as it relates to returning players,goaltending, and players lost to graduation
Some teams really take hits with Windsor not being one of them
Plymouth,Sarnia,Owen Sd,SSm and Kitchener will all take major hits
It is not going to be easy,Windsor has alot of work to do,but they have done it before,this time it is much tougher