View Single Post
Old
11-14-2012, 03:38 PM
Langdon Alger*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesfan94 View Post
No, I'm not. I'm buying into what I actually believe. I think it would be asinine to make any more concessions from a bargaining standpoint.
Maybe it would, but I'll bet on it happening. They won't make it public, but the owners of teams like the Habs, Leafs, Flyers and Rangers must be putting tons of pressure on Bettman to save the season. Same case for all the third- and fourth-line players with little to no income this year who can't afford to miss an entire season - and every day, those voices get louder and more belligerent.

People like to compare this lockout to the last one, but the fact is, the circumstances couldn't be more different. Everyone knew the last lockout was coming YEARS in advance and planned accordingly. By contrast, nobody expected this one to go even this long. Players are losing their savings, owners are missing their profits, and neither side is happy about it.

I've predicted a January 1 start date to this season, and I stand by it. You'll see the two sides return to bargaining in a week to 10 days, a CBA signed in about a month, and the puck drops New Year's Day.