Old
11-14-2012, 03:48 PM
Butch 19
King me

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilky01 View Post
What crowd exactly?

People keep saying "fans love the shootout", but I have yet to watch a shoot-out that actually got people excited.
yes, as evidenced by the thousands of quiet fans sitting on thier hands during every shootout.

Quote:
IMO the shoot-out is a horribly conceived, anti-climactic bore fest.
The shootout is easily one of the BEST things to come out of the last lockout. So, thank you NHLPA for that!

Quote:
A great 4 on 4 OT period ends, and then we all have to wait ten minutes for that ludicrous "middle ice" flood (why is this flood needed?! Get 15 arena staff with shovels to do a flying V down the middle of the ice and you do a more efficient and better job of prepping it), then we see a series of boring breakaway shots.
Are you serious? No disrespect intended, but have you ever watched the zamboni cut the ice after OT? They don't flood anything, it's just a dry cut (and it's been going on for 7 years)

and breakaway shots are boring?? geez!

still bored? simple; leave the arena or turn off your tv after OT. You will be missed.

Quote:
Maybe I am just jaded because the first NHL shoot-out I ever saw in person was delayed about a half hour because the zamboni didn't work right, but I turn the channel when the OT ends. If I flick back and catch the shoot-out, great, but I don't consider the shoot-out to be "appointment viewing". It is basically a 50/50 proposition.
The vast majority of fans enjoy the shootout.

and well, you're right about 1 thing: 2 teams would work out to be a 50/50 proposition - much like the entire game itself.

Quote:
That is why the players themselves don't even really care when they lose these stupid things.
link?

The players seem to like it when they win a shootout. I know the fans like it too.

Butch 19 is offline   Reply With Quote