View Single Post
Old
11-14-2012, 04:19 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malreg View Post
Bob Mckenzie said on the radio this morning that he can see the first two lines being:

Huberdeau - RNH - Scheifele
Hudon - Strome - Rattie/Mackinnon
I like Huberdeau, RNH, Strome, Scheifele, Rattie and MacKinnon as a top6 but don't know about that setup or it's likeliness...
At CANRUS series when Huberdeau, Strome and Scheifele were on the same line for PP they put Scheifele at C.

I'll try to take a stab at this, but everyone be kind as I'm not HC or an expert (obviously those two are mutually inclusive ). Now let's travel through my thought process...

I prefer 3 scoring lines over top6/bottom6 style. Also, I like to circle my players around my C.
RNH is a guarantee for the 1st (if he's coming, we'll just assume). So two spots remain with strongest candidates being Strome, Scheifele, Monahan and MacKinnon. Scheifele I'd say is better suited for a offensively dangerous but defensively sound 3rd C. Strome has played wing and plays well while MacKinnon seems to not play out of position as well with high QoC. So with that I'd put the 3 top9 pivots as RNH, MacKinnon and Scheifele.
So then for our 6 wingers strongest candidates would be: Huberdeau, Strome, Drouin, Monahan, Rattie, Ritchie, Hudon, Jenner, Puempel, Griffith and maybe one or two others. Keep Drouin with MacKinnon and I think Huberdeau is all but a lock for the first line. I could see either Rattie or Strome switching the top two lines so I won't make a decision. I like Jenner too and think he'd pull off a solid 4th line pivot:

So far:
Huberdeau - RNH - Strome/Rattie
Drouin - MacKinnon - Strome/Rattie
xx - Scheifele - xx
xx - Jenner - xx
xx: Monahan, Ritchie, Griffith, Hudon, Puempel, Danault and Lessio... I'm still having difficulty deciding on which 4 of these would get the pick and order but I don't think many would beat these for the spots...

Defence I find easier (for who makes it, not necessarily order of pairings):
Murray - Hamilton
Rielly - Harrington
Oullet - Murphy
Reinhart - Dumba