Thread: Value of: Kirill Kabanov to NJ
View Single Post
Old
11-14-2012, 04:24 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
A 1st for Kabanov? I'd do it. I like him and I think he has potential, but that's too much to pass up.

The main point is that the Isles have had quite a few draft picks since the start of their rebuild and are at the stage where potential needs to be replaced with actual production. Like him or not, KK is at the stage where he could make the Isles in the near future... IF he even makes it at all. Obviously that's up to him with his play, but he's much further along in his development compared to some unknown draft selection that probably won't be in the top half of the draft according to the math of a lottery.

The Isles have assembled quite a few bodies for a finite number of spots so decisions will need to be made in a year or two, that's when I could see the Isles unloading someone like KK. Now is probably not the right time.
I'm expecting 2-4 trade chips, to be moved in a major deal. I'd rather get an impact player off the ufa market, but with the team's lack of on ice success, I think Snow will have to go the trade route.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote