View Single Post
Old
11-14-2012, 04:38 PM
sandysan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevFu View Post
What is what? The NHL is different from the NBA/MLB. If MLB expanded into MON, TOR, VAN, EDM, and OTT rapid fire, and then when the Expos were driven into the ground by Loria, and VAN, EDM and OTT relocated that would be a PR disaster for the game of baseball. "Baseball is an AMERICAN sport. It only works in America. Canadians don't care about baseball, all they care about is hockey." That would not be good for baseball.

Same with hockey and the South.
As the Jets, North Stars and 'Diques proved, just because a team has an owner who wants out and no new owner who wants in; doesn't mean the market itself cannot sustain a team. Ditto the Expos. Montreal supported the Expos just fine until Loria's scorch the earth tactics.

Moyes was the Loria of hockey. Everyone else is simply a poor team.
So just to be clear, when atlanta walked away from the thrashers that was an ownership issue but when the yotes went through bankruptcy, got bought by the NHL who kicked the tires on at least three different ownership groups and still could not find a suitor, then we cant pull the plug on the yotes because it would be bad PR ? The yotes dont have an owner now and havent for years, although i'm told that the jamison deal is going to close in a couple of weeks.

Its not surprising to me that bad markets attract bad owners. it seems to me that your argument that if you undergo rapid expansion and grant entrance into a bunch of non traditional markets that the league must throw good money after bad because admitting what everyone knows ( expansion too fast into iffy markets) and they must keep throwing money at this bottomless pit because the league cant come out and say they made a mistake.

sandysan is online now   Reply With Quote