View Single Post
Old
11-14-2012, 04:58 PM
Big Phil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vadim sharifijanov View Post
i was responding to your statement: "Compare that to Fleury and while he had several disapointments in the postseason he always brought his team there and there isn't a time you would ever think Fleury was the cause of his team being knocked out." which i took to imply that bure was at times at fault for his teams losing in the playoffs. but now that i have reread it, i think i misunderstood what you were saying.

that said, i do think bure's playoff record is a *bit* better than fleury's, for the reasons outlined in my last post (one great long run to the finals trumps a handful of short runs; hence, beezer over cujo in my books). but yes, as you say, it's not *significantly* better.
No, not much you can fault Bure with. Well, 2000 I guess. The Panthers had a 98 point season so they weren't a bunch of scrubs. I won't hold a lot of weight on that one because he was a major player for all of Vancouver's early playoff runs. I guess it would have been nice to see him contribute a bit more on the other side of the ice. That Vancouver team in 1998 should never in any NHL season miss the postseason, but they did. By then it was obvious he didn't care so I guess that's a point in Bure's career that bothers me a bit. You'd have to look long and hard to find Fleury mailing it in at any point.

Big Phil is offline   Reply With Quote