View Single Post
Old
11-14-2012, 05:26 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 1004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangerine View Post
Setoguchi has been, for the last three seasons, a 40 point player at best, and only hit north of that once, when he hit 65. Coyle is an average prospect. The first round pick was 28th Overall.

even if he did get much better, which he did, I don't see how it warrants any of the top 4, save for Yakupov who is totally unproven in the NHL.
Setoguchi is a 2nd line RW with great speed and physical play. He's a 20-goal 50-point player when he's not on the worst scoring team in the league or injured or player with Matt Cullen as his center.

Coyle is not an average prospect. He's a blue-chipper, and he's certainly better than any prospect the Oilers have save Yakupov/Schultz. He's on the same goals per game pace as Eberle in the AHL.

And a 28th overall is still a good pick that has significant value.

There is nothing, and I repeat, nothing outside Hall/RNH that would make me want to move him. Ergo, he won't be traded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4TheCup View Post
Something more valuable than Setoguchi, Coyle and a 1st.

Maybe MPS, Musil, Lander/Pitlick and a 1st. Probably another prospect would probably have to be added.

Burns is very valuable, fairly young and has a good contract. I am probably underrating.
I'll say. I like MPS, but Musil and Lander are not remotely enticing and the Oilers with Burns are not a bottom-10 team.