View Single Post
Old
11-14-2012, 06:29 PM
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
Well, we know this isn't true; '93/94 Pearson for most outstanding player in the league, says hi. Had an even higher PPG rate over an entire 82 game schedule than Yzerman's torrid pace over the 50+ games he played that year. So there's one season in the bank. Fedorov was also better than him during the lockout shortened '94/95 season that followed. Yzerman actually played more games than Fedorov, but was outscored by Fedorov (who tied Hull, Forsberg, and Nieuwendyk) AND Primeau. And even '95/96 isn't clear-cut in Yzerman's favour. Fedorov led the team in scoring, and while both guys ended the post season with 20 points, Yzerman got more than half (11) of those against St. Louis, while Fedorov's 9 points in the Conference Final weren't enough to beat Sakic and Roy. Would Yzerman have been better if he was healthier? Irrelevant.
So yeah, I dispute your claim that he was never better than Yzerman during their time together. There's hardware and production that, while not "decisive", allow more leeway to those who would argue that he was.
m still not quite sure what your point is. You asked me to imagine Yzerman going to Russia to play with Fedorov and if I think he would be a leader still. I said yes he would because he was a better leader than Fedorov and a better player. Fedorov may have been slightly better than Yzerman at times when they were together but that could be because Yzerman had already had his best seasons while Fedorov was in his prime.
Quote:
Source? Guess what, you're talking out of your ass here. He was first tried at defense during the '95/96 season (his second most productive season ever), and again during the '96/97 playoffs (tied with 2 other post seasons as his second most productive ever, with 20 points), and Red Wings GM Devellano reflected that if they left him there, he was sure Fedorov would have won a Norris (first source among many). Such things were never said about Dandenault, lol.
Why would you move your "elite" forward who is having his second best season to a defensive position? So one person said Fedorov could win a Norris. We've seen many GMs say things that aren't true. Dandenault was just one of many payers to play forward and defense. My point is that Fedorov didn't revolutionize the idea and wasn't some pioneer.

Quote:
Listen, I don't think it was me who claimed that one was better offensively than the other. Obviously you prefer points, otherwise you wouldn't be so adamant about Forsberg being the better offensive player. I showed you that there's a flip side where goal scorers are valued for a reason, and that it's ultimately subjective. Who is closed-minded again?
You're right you didn't claim that. I asked you a question which you refuse to answer. Was Scott Hartnell better than Claude Giroux on offense last year? Or answer this. Was Kurri better than Gretzky in the seasons he scored more goals? I prefer points because it accounts for both sides of offense. Why do you not value assists as much as goals? If you just look at goals it completely ignores the other half of offense. Why should playmakers be punished? It's ultimately subjective but it looks like your just choosing that few to make Fedorov look better on offense than Forsberg which just isn't true.

Quote:
I don't really have to "back it up", although I (and others) have laid a little bit too much down in this thread for even a guy with a username like "KingForsberg" to ignore. It has already been done for me by droves of hockey writers, reporters, historians, fans, players, coaches, and general managers ever since he joined the NHL.
Now you try to insult me. How nice. Since you refuse to show me how Fedorov was elite for long time, at least tell me your definition of elite offense. If its top ten in goals or points Fedorov doesn't really have good numbers in either regard. So please show KingForsberg how Fedorov was ELITE for a LONG time. It should be easy if its already been said in the thread.

Last edited by King Forsberg: 11-14-2012 at 07:24 PM.