View Single Post
Old
11-14-2012, 07:12 PM
Chalupa Batman
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy316 View Post
Well, his career speaks for itself. I wasn't around to hear all the arguments, nor do I really want to look back on them.

People are always going to bring up the "he had a great team around him argument." However, post-lockout to up until this season, he bailed some Devils teams out that had a lot of holes. It wasn't until last season that the Devils actually had a great team top-to-bottom, and they went to the SCF.

I'd be willing to bet the main focus against him was the team around him, but Brodeur was just as crucial to that team as they were to him. His play made the trapping system work just as much as the players in front of him.

It's really hard to compare guys from completely different eras especially guys who played in the 50s and 60s compared to guys who played now. My question is what were the main points for putting guys like Sawchuk, Hall, and Plante above Brodeur? That had to be some kind of collective agreement on why they were better than him, I guess that would make me understand it better...
The two bolded statements contradict one another.

The threads are there - go read them. Respect the effort that was put into this project (even if you don't agree with the result).

Yes, it's really hard to compare players from different eras. However, if you're going to do an all-time ranking, it's a requirement (as hard as it may be).

Chalupa Batman is offline   Reply With Quote