Thread: Value of: Brent Burns to Edmonton
View Single Post
Old
11-14-2012, 07:17 PM
WTFetus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkachuk4MVP View Post
Obviously they would have been better off icing the 2010-2011 team based on the results from the past two seasons, but I disagree about the Burns trade. Trading Heatley for 20 games of Havlat, signing Handzus, and not re-signing Wellwood were the real problems. If none of that had happened and the Sharks had traded for Burns, that would have been the best case scenario.
Havlat had a fluke injury. I'd do that trade every day of the week.
Not re-signing Wellwood was the biggest problem, but trading Setoguchi and forcing chemistry between players was also a problem. Setoguchi was the perfect fit beside Thornton and Marleau. Speed for Marleau, right-handed shot for Thornton, a great F1. With Wellwood and Setoguchi, the Sharks had insane depth. With Ian White, a more experienced Braun, and a Demers not held down by Colin White, the Sharks D wouldn't be that bad either.
Setoguchi's off-ice issues might have been a problem, but there's no question that he came up huge in the post-season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
I'd love Burns in Boston. Hamilton?

Salary Cap be darned
Trade Burns for a player who might develop into Burns in the not so near future? No thank you.
Not to mention defensive depth is something the Sharks do not need.