View Single Post
Old
11-14-2012, 07:30 PM
jadeddog

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Well, the reality is that Kane and Toews were front center on that club and took a lot of players that people thought were really good, but have been ordinary elsewhere, along for a ride. Toews reminded me most of Joe Sakic, while only being 22 or 23. Kane reminded me of an ahole, but not on the ice.

Toews and Kane dominated in every respect, throughout the playoffs and at a very young age. Great players making everybody around them, and a whole team, look better. Lets be frank here. Nothing happens in Chicago that doesn't intimately involve Toews and Kane.

That said we all know the Oilers need to get better as a team. But who takes the reigns. Toews and Kane took the reigns and never stopped. Took it all the way to the house.
i just don't think you can compare the oilers to the hawks at all... the hawks team was vastly, vastly superior in pretty much every area when it comes to veteran support and defense... not even on the same planet as the current oilers... the team surrounding toews/kane was so incredibly different than the team surrounding hall/eberle/RNH that its essentially useless to compare them IMO