View Single Post
Old
11-14-2012, 07:49 PM
patnyrnyg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CerebralGenesis View Post
You still haven't answered me concerning this.

Players make monster contracts and expect more!?

If you paid a fast food cook $25/hr and realized that you are making money but paying too much, it is time to cut his pay to make it more market friendly. He still gets great pay and you start increasing your margin.

I read one about a donkey or something eating too much grain, so you feed him less. I won't rob that that one though because I forget it, but you get the idea. But possibly not.
Actually, that would be a VERY stupid thing to do. What do you consider market friendly? $15/hr? Is that great pay? $20/hr? That's great pay?

In a business, loyal employees are a huge asset. If the cook knows you are paying him/her more than competing restaurants, you won't have to worry about losing him. Cut his/her pay and they will bolt to a competitor for a penny more than you are paying. Next you will say that fast-food cooks are a dime a dozen. So, you hire someone else. Spend time training the newb, but you notice the quality isn't there, or the possibility that he/she is stealing.

If the cook has been with you for 10 years and started at $10/hr and slowly increased with experience, then you don't mess it up. Let's say that person leaves for whatever reason, maybe you don't offer the new cook $25/hr, but the more you pay, the more picky you can be about who you hire.

Secondly, the cut in pay will spread through the rest of your employees. All of a sudden, they are questioning whether they want to work for someone who would slash a loyal employee's pay just to get in line with market rate, WHEN YOU ARE ALREADY MAKING MONEY.