View Single Post
Old
11-14-2012, 08:54 PM
haseoke39
**** Cycle 4 Eichel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stix and Stones View Post
Not likely, all one has to do is look south of the border and what do the fans say? If my team is garbage don't expect me to support it. We aren't sheep.

If I'm making record revenue I'm not going to cut my cooks pay so I can make more. I like to skipper a happy ship.
What you're talking about has nothing to do with anything. You're talking about whether any one team wins or loses - which, incidentally, isn't effected on net at all if you replace the whole PA. Swap out a losing NHL squad for a losing AHL squad and nobody cares. Is the AHL making $3.3B this year because they have more NHLers? Is it even close to proportional? No.

What the rest of the world is talking about is whether the fans follow the players from league to league. And they obviously don't. Tell the NHL players to go play in the AHL. No salary cap. Easy. Done. If fans go to see the players, this should save us all some time. Oh wait, they'd still be making $50K/year there. Maybe after a generation passes, if the players all stayed there, AHL teams would increase in value, but it aint happening in any of these players careers.