View Single Post
Old
11-14-2012, 08:10 PM
haseoke39
**** Cycle 4 Eichel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stix and Stones View Post
Why do people pay over a hundred million dollars for a team? Simple they're not money pits and as hard done by as they claim. The only team I see worth nothing is Phoenix the other 29 all worth over 100 million dollars
Yeah, so you go off to fantasy-land and say "no matter what everyone else in the world claims, Forbes, journalists, ****ing everyone, I refuse to believe that the NHL is actually losing money. I refuse to believe that this is happening, even though it's the only rational way to explain why these otherwise-super-lucrative ventures would EVER bother cancelling a season. I refuse to believe that everything is exactly as it appears, because I'm relying on data from....well, there is absolutely no data to support my position, but I feel it in my heart. And I believe, therefore, that the reason the NHL is cancelling a season is because these uber-successful capitalists, eminently good at turning a profit in all their other ventures, are just hellbent on losing some profit for the **** of it just so they can unjustly stick it to their workforce."

And you go on believing that and reality will move on.