View Single Post
Old
11-14-2012, 08:12 PM
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
And yet the issue has never been to rank Yzerman vs Fedorov "overall". I challenged the notion that the two should be as far apart on a rankings list as some have put forth, and I guess I still haven't really seen that defended.
Where would you rank them? I really don't think others rankings are that far apart.

Quote:
He didn't have to revolutionize anything. Not that many people actually get asked to play both positions, and fewer get unanimous acclaim for how smoothly and effectively they transition. Everyone noticed.
Yes actually a lot of players have been asked to play both positions. It's not something that should make Fedorovs lack of elite offense disappear.

Quote:
Those aren't "questions", btw. They're straw men.
You're arguing semantics at this point. If you value goals over points then fine so be it. But at least be able to defend it.

Quote:
Well cool. That's a totally valid and supportable opinion, and I've never discredited it. When I suggest the possibility (nay, probability) that some might value patterned goal scorers over guys with similar overall points, you're the one trying to turn this back on me saying I don't believe in letting points speak for themselves - or that I'm "trying to make Fedorov look better"? You don't think Fedorov "looked better" on offense, and that's fine. I think he had the skill set best suited between the two to be effective in any era, with any linemates, in any role, and that's part of why I'd pick AND rank him over Forsberg. I usually take the guy who consistently scores more goals on the way to similar point totals.
The problem is that Forsberg and Fedorov didn't have similar point totals of point finishes. Forsberg was much better on in that regard. That is my point.

Quote:
Well, given that we're talking about a comparison with Forsberg, who played 70+ games in back-to-back seasons only twice in his career, and essentially retired at age 34, I totally challenge you to define "long time", let alone "elite", and then hold both players to fair measure. I've already laid out my case for Fedorov at this point. I even used the word "elite" upwards of a dozen times trying to make it easy for you. Personal request: please stop referring to yourself in the third person, lol. It'll just get awkward.
You brought up my username so I felt the need to use it. I'm not here to defend Forsberg's longevity. The only reason I bring it up is because he gets criticized for a lack of longevity (which is deserved) but he actually had more elite seasons than Fedorov.